Sunday, January 3, 2010

SECRET CONFESSIONS : BOOK 2 by Bethany Michaels

SECRET CONFESSIONS: BOOK 2
BETHANY MICHAELS
Historical Erotica
Red Sage Publishing
Sensuality Rating: Sizzling
ISBN# 1-60310-258-2
44 pages
$ 2.99
eBook - Available

Rating: 3 Enchantments
Amelia is urgently searching for her journal. Gossip is appearing in the newspapers. She is desperate to stem the tide of the rumors and protect her family’s reputation, especially the marriage prospects of her niece, Charlotte. She also has to contend with her desire for Grayson.
Grayson is still trying to find the man who stole Amelia's journal. He also has a newfound desire for Amelia, which she definitely reciprocates. They, however, cannot act on their desires because he is her dead husband’s cousin, also because her reputation has already been tarnished by her stolen journal. In order for her niece to marry a man of consequence, her family has to have a good reputation, and a public affair between Amelia and Grayson would damage her chances.
I really loved the second book. It was a great mixture of scandal, romantic tension, and sexual interludes. I loved the tension between Amelia and Grayson. I kept hoping for them to finally forget their obligations and reservations and just go for it. It was unresolved sexual tension to the tenth degree. My favorite part of Book 2 is Amelia’s encounter Lachlan McGregor, the stable keeper who Amelia had a fling with when she was younger and rekindles her flame when she becomes a widow. I loved his initial rejection of Amelia and the almost power struggle between them because it reminds me of the tension that exists in novels like Wuthering Heights where there is a huge class difference between the lovers. I became really curious about him. He was that rough and abrasive character that I love. He kind of reminded me a bit of Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights because he was poor and down on his luck. I hope he returns to the story somehow. I almost like him better than Grayson because he has so much depth to him. I also like it much more when my heroes in novels are rougher around the edges. I can’t wait to see what happens in Book 3.
Ms. Michaels grew up in an Indiana farm town. This small town is where her love of reading and writing took hold. She recently moved to Nashville with her husband and four small children. She misses the quiet of the country but is currently acclimating to the hustle and bustle of city life. Please go to eRedSage.com to find more books.


Grace Loiacono
ENCHANTING REVIEWS
April 2009

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...